Since 2010, The North Platte Public Schools Foundation has awarded NPPS employees scholarships for their continued education. The Foundation is pleased to announce that we are awarding six staff scholarships this year. “We had some excellent candidates this year all worthy of a scholarship.” Said Jodi Howard NPPSF Director. “This is a completely staff driven campaign and we love to see the generosity of our staff who give to the “Class Act” fund in order to make these awards possible.”
Congratulations to the 2020 NPPS Staff Scholarship Winners
- Monica Carter-Washington Pre-School Teacher. Is attending Doane University to complete her Masters of Curriculum and Instruction. She will graduate in May of 2020.
- Tyson Chromy is a Social Studies instructor at Adams Middle School. He is utilizing his scholarship to complete his Practicum at the University of Nebraska-Kearney. His Master’s in Education Administration will be complete in May of 2020.
- Nancy Fleecs is completing her Special Education Endorsement at Chadron State. She is a Special Education Teacher at North Platte High School.
- Brittany McDaniel is working on a graduate certificate in Communication Education through Minnesota State. With this certification, Mrs. McDaniel will be able to teach Dual Credit Courses through Mid-Plains Community College for our high school students.
- Jami Tatman is attending the University of Nebraska-Kearney and is working towards her Master’s Degree in Instructional Technology with a focus in School Library. Jamie is currently a fourth Grade Teacher at Eisenhower Elementary.
- Treva Uppal is a Technology Assistant for the District. She is utilizing her scholarship to complete her Network Technology Certificate at Mid Plains Community College.
The NPPS Foundation acknowledges that a better-educated staff equates to a better education for our students. The NPPS Foundation is committed to promoting development and assisting NPPS in pursuing higher education and has awarded over $20,000 in Staff Scholarships since its inception. We are pleased to have been able to make this opportunity possible for our dedicated staff